Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! Are you still trying to make plans for you and your honey? Back by popular demand, I’m sharing my top 10 adventurous Valentine’s Day ideas. This is not your typical dinner and a movie type of list. This is romance on the wild side.
1.Rent a kayak – You can rent a tandem kayak or singles and spend a day together on the water. The Florida springs are great this time of year for seeing manatees. Add in a picnic lunch and boom, instant romance for under $100. https://www.groupon.com/deals/sweetwater-kayaking-1
2. Waterbikes – Go for a sunset ride past the downtown skyline on a waterbike with your bae. Our friends at Tampa Bay Waterbike Co. can get you everything you need for a romantic outing on the river. Check out their Groupon deal. https://www.groupon.com/deals/tampa-bay-water-bike-co
There is another waterbike company that bikes on the Alafia River. Check out this deal from Bikes on the Bay. https://www.groupon.com/deals/bikes-on-the-bay
3. Plan a picnic and go for a nature walk/hike – Select a beautiful park, preferably with a nice view. I’m partial to parks with a view of water but work with what you can find in your neck of the woods. You need a blanket, basket/cooler, his or her favorite snacks, plastic wine glasses/flutes, wine (or sparkling juice if alcohol isn’t permitted in the park), and insect repellant. No really….nothing kills the mode like ants in places that ants and mosquitos should not go.
4. Zip lining – Zip lining with somebody I love would be really romantic, at least for me. I’ve actually only done it with family or friends. I think zip lining with that special someone and sharing that rush of danger is completely romantic and it will bond you even closer together.
5. Sky dive, hang glide – I’m a sucker for grand gestures.
6. Rent a boat for a day or half of a day – Did you know that you can rent a boat for relatively cheap in downtown Tampa? You can also rent boats at any number of the Disney marinas. It’s surprisingly affordable. Pack up everything you need for the day and play captain for your sweetheart.
7. Caladesi Island – There’s something about being whisked away to an island that just says I love you. Catch the ferry from Honeymoon Island State Park to Caladesi Island. Pack your cooler and go find a nice romantic secluded spot.
8. Hot air balloon ride – This is one adventure that I would love to do with that special someone.
9. Plan a luxury glamping weekend at Westgate River Ranch
10. Rent a houseboat for the weekend.
(Disclosure – These are my personal opinions about these deals and I do not represent the opinions of the company selling the deal or the third-parties providing the goods or services. I am not sponsored by any of the third-parties providing the goods or services. However, if you purchase a deal using my links I am compensated for that purchase. Full disclosure here.)
Lauren G. , Outdoorsy Diva™
“Adventure is a lifestyle.”