Sandals Southshore Resort Whitehouse, Jamaica
Do Sandals Resorts Allow Singles?
Sandals Resorts boasts some of the most beautiful all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean. They have branded themselves as the go-to getaway for couples in love and are a popular honeymoon destination. But what if you’re single and you want to experience a Sandals property. Are Sandals Resorts for singles too?
The answer is yes and no really. They aren’t designed with single guests in mind, but it can be done.
Why is Sandals Resorts for singles too?
1.Staying at a Sandals Resort works great as a group travel option for a girl’s trip!
- Of course there’s a catch. You’ll need to travel with even numbers because your reservation will be made for 2 people. They won’t question anything else and it will be totally acceptable that you’re rooming with your friend.
- The other plus is that you can enjoy your vacation without unwanted attention from the opposite sex and just enjoy the time bonding with your girls.
- All the men on property aside from employees will be with their significant others so no cat calling and no unwanted guy who can’t take a hint joining your table.
- Personally, I’ve just found the vibe at singles only resorts to not be as conducive to relaxing and way heavy on the party/hookup vibe.
2. Amazing luxury room selections and amenities
- They are also the first properties to offer over water luxury bungalows and villas in the Caribbean. Southshore and Royal Caribbean in Jamaica as well as Grande St. Lucian put these dreamy accommodations within your reach if you won’t be heading to Bora Bora any time soon.
- Crystal clear lagoons that you can walk out to right from your room along with butler service make properties like Montego Bay and Royal Caribbean worth considering.
- One of my favorite amenities at Montego Bay was the giant soak tub on the balcony overlooking the majestic turquoise Caribbean waters.
Sandals Resorts – Get up to $1000 booking credit, up to 65% rack rates, and much more when you book now.
3. All-inclusive convenience and value
- There are options for as little as $200+ per person per night at various properties. That’s an amazing deal!
- All-inclusive gives you access to all of the restaurants on property, unlimited drinks, a fully stocked bar in your room, and many adventurous excursions.
- The food options at Montego Bay were so abundant. It was like being on a cruise but on land. There was everything from Italian to Japanese to seafood to BBQ jerk chicken on the beach and much more.
4. Best locations in the Caribbean
- Sandals Resorts has 15 all-inclusive luxury resorts throughout the Caribbean.
- If Jamaica, The Bahamas, Grenada, Barbados, Antigua or Saint Lucia are destinations on your list, then considering a stay at a Sandals property is a must.
- During my stay, we were told that they’ve broken ground for a new property in Tobago as well! I can’t wait for that.
5. Entertainment and Adventure Activities
- They offer so many fun activities and many of them are included with your stay.
- You can go on a snorkeling trip, glass bottom boat rides, kayaking, catamaran rides, and SCUBA diving.
- And of course there are the boundless pools and swim up bars. You can never spend too much time in the pool.
- At night the entertainment varies at the different properties. Nighttime beach parties and performers will keep you entertained.
Can I Stay at Sandals Resorts as a Solo Traveler?
While you can go to a Sandals Resort as a single person, it’s not conducive for solo travel because of the way booking is set up on their website.
It requires you to enter a second person at the time of making the reservation.
But if you have a friend or group of friends you can stay at Sandals Resort even if you’re not a romantic couple and make your reservation easily as long as there’s an even number of people.
Is There a Negative Side to Staying at Sandals Resorts as a Single Traveler
I would be doing you a disservice if we didn’t also talk about the negatives of staying at a resort that is designed with romantic couples in mind.
- Be prepared for romantically suggestive decor to be added to your room during your turn down service, like towel hearts and flower petals. But hey, take those flower petals and decorate your bubble bath.
- You will likely be asked where your husband or boyfriend is. It’s the norm so don’t take offense since it’s what’s expected at a couples resort.
- If you’re with one of your homegirls, it may even be assumed you’re a couple. In this day in age really who cares. Quite frankly it’s none of their business.
- There will be couples everywhere.
Personally, I don’t think any of these are a big enough deterrent to not stay at a Sandals Resort as a single person.
What about resorts for singles?
People with boos and baes and husbands etc. may read this and think , why do they need to infringe upon couples only resort properties?
It’s a fair question. One of Sandals sister brands is Beaches. However Beaches is marketed as the luxury all-inclusive choice for EVERYONE and not exclusively for singles.
I’m a mom so please don’t take offense to what I’m about to say. I love being a mom. I like kids but not on my Caribbean getaway if I’m not traveling with my family.
The last thing I want is to have to deal with the antics of other people’s kids while I’m on vacation with my girls.
While Beaches is a great choice for families, it’s not exactly meant for singles either.
There are plenty of all-inclusive resorts that welcome singles but they tend to lean toward the hook up vibe and that’s not necessarily what every single is looking for or they aren’t up to the same standards in terms of quality.
Sandals Resorts really does have some beautiful properties so don’t count them out just because you’re single.
They always seem to have some kind of special going so check out the latest deals to book your next getaway.
Love it? Pin It!
I was invited for a complimentary stay by Sandals Resorts as a member of their affiliate program. All opinions in the post are my own. See full disclosures.