I love this time of year. I really do. I love all of the mushy sappy corny Christmas holiday traditions. For today’s #Blogmas entry for Day 2, I thought it would be fun to do a Christmas bucket list of adventures. Some of these I have done, and some I think as a Christmas lover I should experience at least once in my life. They aren’t really in any particular order, just how they popped into my head.
- Build a gingerbread house but make it extra fly by adding your own good candy, not the nasty generic stuff that comes with the kit.
- Resort hop at Disney World resort to see all of the Christmas decorations throughout the property. It’s completely free!
- Go to the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom.
- Visit all of the large tree displays throughout the city.
- Go ice skating in front of Rockefeller Center Christmas tree.
- Attend the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade live in New York.
- Spend a Christmas in Switzerland.
- Have a Very Merrytime Christmas on a Disney Cruise ship.
- Visit Christmas markets in Germany.
- Spend a Christmas at a ski resort in Colorado or Utah.
- Go Christmas Caroling.
- Drink hot chocolate in hot tub surrounded by snow. (Don’t judge me; it’s MY bucketlist)
- Spend a Christmas at the Biltmore Estate in North Carolina.
- See the Christmas lights in Vienna, Austria.
- Visit St. Augustine, Florida at Christmas time.
- Pick out a Christmas tree at a tree farm and chop it down.
- See the Osborne Family Lights Display at Hollywood Studios, Disney World. (2015 was the last year for this show)
- Ride the real Polar Express train. (Yes it’s a thing and yes they serve hot chocolate)
- Visit all of the ICE displays at the Gaylord properties.
- Pet a reindeer.
- Stay at the Omni Grove Park Inn and attend the National Gingerbread House competition!
- Spend a Christmas in a castle.
Of this list, I’ve only completed 5.5! The ones in color are the adventures I have done. I have only visited 2 of the Gaylord properties to see the ICE displays so far. Some of my Christmas bucketlist goals are pretty ambitious but I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t aim high right? Time is on my side. With any luck I’ll get them all checked off in this lifetime.
Do you have a Christmas bucketlist? Are any of these adventures on your list?
Lauren G. , Outdoorsy Diva™
“Adventure is a lifestyle.”