Happy New Year to all of my readers!
I don’t know about you but 2013 came and went so fast! It was a whirlwind for me personally and professionally. Here are 20 of the most interesting things I experienced last year.
- Started my second new job in less than a year.
- Visited Savannah, Georgia for the first time
- Became a single gal again (now accepting applications…) Update: He reapplied for his old spot LOL
- Saw the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular in person
- Became the mother of a 13 year old (a real teenager…YIKES!)
- Cut down a Christmas tree
- First tent camping trip
- Rode an elephant
- First off trail horseback riding trip
- Celebrated in Washington, D.C. for Delta Sigma Theta Centennial (AMAZING!)
- Survived sending my son to an away camp over the summer for first time (super hard thing to do)
- Discovered the deliciousness of WaWa
- First Disney Cruise with my son for our birthdays
- Went tubing in the rapids of Chattahoochee River
- Swam with sharks
- Progressed to kayaking solo (non-tandem)
- Became Disney annual pass holders
- Joined a Harry Potter social group and made amazing new friends
- Attended Epcot Food and Wine Festival for first time
- Started the Kayaks, Canoes, and Shoes: Misadventures of an Outdoorsy Diva blog!!!
2014 promises to be even better! I’ll even let you in on a little secret for one of my future entries….I’m celebrating this Laurentine’s Day (that’s my birthday…it’s a holiday) at Carnival in Trinidad!!!! That trip is planned for the end of February and I can’t wait. If you aren’t familiar with what Carnival is check out the link I provided. It’s only one of the biggest celebrations in the world on one of the most beautiful islands of the world. I have many other surprises lined up so be sure to stay along with me for the ride. Thank you for the support. 200 followers milestone here we come!!!
Wishing you a prosperous new year,
Outdoorsy Diva, Lauren G.